Off the field of play plans were being put in place for extensive development work at Mullagh Beg, steered by a strong committee. 2001 was the start of busy years ahead:
1. The dressing rooms and kitchen area of the community centre were refurbished and three new dressing rooms were built.
2. The main pitch was extended and verti drained.
3. A second playing pitch, now known as the Brian Donohue pitch, was purchased, developed and now in use.
4. A 350 lux floodlighting system was installed on our main field in 2006.
5. To complete this phase of the development work, the club built two new dressing rooms, kitchen, gym, meeting room and toilet facilities in 2011.
All this work would not have been possible but for the voluntary work of club officers, committee members, club members and supporters over the past number of years. To fund the development work the club have ran numerous successful fundraisers and received financial support from the Department of Art, Sport and Tourism (Lotto Grant), GAA Connacht Council. The club would also like to acknowledge the important role played by the workers of the Rural Social Scheme and FAS. The cost of all this development work was €550,000, but was it not for the work of the RSS/FAS Schemes and voluntary work by our supporters during the developments, this cost would have been nearer €900,000.
The new develpment was officially opened on the 2nd October, 2011. One of the many ways this day was made possible was by the officers of the year forming a special finance committee to raise funds for the pitch opening weekend. In total €11,000 was raised from running a successful Table Quiz, Guess the Score of the All-Ireland Hurling Final, Auction, Sponsorship and a scrap metal collection. This was a fabulous weekend, with many matches and events taking place. For a look at the photos from this weekend check out our club photos section, under the title of the Official opening of the new dressing rooms and floodlights.